Wednesday 28 May 2014

Rock Climbing Recount

ROCK CLIMBING RECOUNT
Flax Rock


I grab my first rock and start to climb. As I climb the rope gets tighter and tighter. I grasp each and every rock. One of my hands slip and I was already 6 metres up, I trie to find a rock to cling onto but I had no luck. Then I looked down and found a yellow rock with green flames, I stood on it and continue my journey up the wall. It was getting harder, and harder to cling onto every other the colorful rubbery rocks. I’m up 13 metres up and I wasn’t going to let it all go yet. I try to reach the 25th rock and I still haven't got to the top.


My body starts to shake like a meteor ready to crash into Earth. My arms wiggle around like a snake, I look down and hear my classmates cheer me on. All the kids and adults were so small, they were the size of a miniature stick man. I look up and gasp to myself, I want to come down, but no. I keep on climbing. My legs and hands were getting tired and I was only 2 1/2 meters away from reaching the top. I try to reach the rocks, but I just couldn’t.


I looked down and fear struck me in the eyes, then I froze. Just for a moment though, and I thought about how I could grab the rubbery rock. I tried to reach it, but I can’t. Then I decided to come down, I hold onto the rope and the b-lay held on tightly, and slowly let me down. I touched the ground, and you could tell I was glad I was back onto the surface. Then I took a deep breath, and walked over to another wall to climb. I was real proud of myself then.

THE END
That there is my rock climbing snapshot at flax rock, thanks for reading! :-{)

1 comment:

  1. I love the descriptive recount of your journey up the wall. I can only imagine the 'rubbery legs'. No photo attached?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...