Friday 14 June 2013

Camp Kaitawa (Onopoto caves)

Here is my Onopoto caves moment in time story (but not recount). I had fun there and it was also dangerous, but fun! Hope you enjoy reading it!

WALT choose words that describe a moment (in an exciting way) for the reader
YOUR SIGNS OF SUCCESS
  • begins in the action
  • present tense (I am, not I was)
  • short, sharp sentences
  • strong verbs
  • language features (simile, alliteration, onomatopoeia, metaphor)
  • show personality (sounds like you, humor, feelings, exaggeration)



Caving

“Wow it’s dark in here” I said. It’s dark and wet and the entrance out is muddy. We walked through one cave and still had to go through more caves, after 2 hours we stopped at a great place to sit down. Then we called our numbers “1,2,3,4.......” all the way to 28. After 3 caves we had to go down a ladder and climb up onto the other side. Whoosh! Went Jessica’s foot, “Watch where you're stepping Jessica because you almost hit me in the face.” “ Sorry” said Jessica. “Arrrghhh!” said Jessica  “Ha, ha, ha, ha!” replied Ellis. I thought I wasn't going to make it and then I did after 10 minutes! The class was way ahead of me, only some of them. It was raining and we stopped to have a break. After 5,4,6 or 3 caves we got to the vehicles and our driver drove us back home.





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...